You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Centre for the Study of the Economies of Africa (CSEA) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for the Study of the Economies of Africa (CSEA) Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Foreign Direct Investment Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Direct Investment
- Author: Idris Ademuyiwa, Eberechukwu Uneze
- Publication Date: 10-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for the Study of the Economies of Africa (CSEA)
- Abstract: African countries have been left out of the recent benefits accruing from international trade. For example, they accounted for only 3.2 percent of world trade in 2013 compared to 5 percent in the mid-1960s. Regional integration can reverse this weak performance as it holds the promise for countries to gain from the resultant economies of scale and enhanced competitiveness. It will also help to expand the markets for foreign direct investment.
- Topic: International Trade and Finance, Foreign Direct Investment, Regional Integration, Trade, Trade Policy
- Political Geography: Africa, Latin America