You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Centre for Policy Research, India Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for Policy Research, India Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Topic Legislation Remove constraint Topic: Legislation
- Author: Ashwini K. Swain, Parth Bhatia, Ira Sharma, Prasanna Sarada Das, Navroz K. Dubash
- Publication Date: 06-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for Policy Research, India
- Abstract: The draft Electricity (Amendment) Bill, 2020, released on April 17, 2020, is an improvement from its predecessors. It has dropped some significant proposals that were resisted and has added new provisions. Are these reform proposals adequate and appropriate to address India’s long-standing electricity challenges? Are these prescriptions based on a proper diagnosis of current trends and future challenges? How will these reforms proposals affect India’s ongoing transition to 21st century electricity? While we appreciate the endeavours and intent, in our comments we focus on some serious concerns the draft raises, vital gaps and issues that need serious consideration.
- Topic: Energy Policy, Governance, Legislation, Electricity, Public Service, Utilities
- Political Geography: South Asia, India