You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Centre for European Political Sociology Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for European Political Sociology Political Geography Germany Remove constraint Political Geography: Germany Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Nicolas Mariot
- Publication Date: 01-2009
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Centre for European Political Sociology
- Abstract: This paper seeks to explore the problems and potentialities of asymmetrical historical comparison by examining visits by heads of State to the provinces in Germany and France on the eve of WW I. This act of political legitimisation and representation is analysed through the lens of the practical organization of the event understood as an administrative routine, thereby bringing into question many of the categories routinely mobilised to describe and to oppose two models of national integration.
- Topic: International Relations, Government, War
- Political Geography: Europe, France, Germany