You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center on International Cooperation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center on International Cooperation Political Geography France Remove constraint Political Geography: France Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic International Cooperation Remove constraint Topic: International Cooperation
- Author: Richard Gowan, Alexandra Novosseloff
- Publication Date: 04-2012
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center on International Cooperation
- Abstract: This paper, the second in a series on Security Council working methods and the performance of peace operations, addresses the Council's engagement in Chad and the Central African Republic (CAR) from early 2006 to the end of 2010. While the Council explored options for deploying some sort of UN peacekeeping presence to these countries from mid-2006 onwards, these discussions were secondary to much higher-profile debates about the possibility of a large-scale force in Darfur. After Chad had stated its initial opposition to a UN military deployment, France initiated proposals for the deployments of an EU military mission linked to a UN police presence to Chad and CAR in mid-2007.
- Topic: Security, International Cooperation, United Nations, Peacekeeping
- Political Geography: Africa, Europe, France