You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center on International Cooperation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center on International Cooperation Political Geography Ethiopia Remove constraint Political Geography: Ethiopia Topic Conflict Resolution Remove constraint Topic: Conflict Resolution
- Author: A. Sarjoh Bah
- Publication Date: 03-2009
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center on International Cooperation
- Abstract: The deployment of peacekeepers is increasingly becoming a reflex solution to crises, often in the absence of viable political agreements. The cluster of peace operations in the Broader Horn of Africa – stretching from Central African Republic and Chad, through Sudan, to Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia – epitomizes both practices. Moreover, though the conflicts in the region are deeply inter-linked, the peace operations there are not, nor do they form part of a broader regional strategy. Lack of a regional strategy compounds pre-existing problems of weak commitment and slow implementation. The results have been unsurprisingly poor, at great human cost.
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, Peace Studies, Post Colonialism
- Political Geography: Africa, Sudan, Ethiopia, Somalia, Eritrea