You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center on Human Rights Education, University of Denver Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center on Human Rights Education, University of Denver Political Geography United States of America Remove constraint Political Geography: United States of America Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Homelessness Remove constraint Topic: Homelessness
- Author: Cat Galley
- Publication Date: 11-2017
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center on Human Rights Education, University of Denver
- Abstract: As we have seen in the previous weeks, there are many causes to homelessness, substance abuse, trauma, an unstable household, and mental illness. In Denver, 56% of the homeless population have one thing in common, mental illness. Though others are prevalent, post-traumatic stress disorder is seen in many homeless individuals. This is due to the constant sleeping outside, harassment, childhood trauma, and general instability that plagues the life of someone on the streets. Without proper care, many individuals with PTSD turn to drugs or alcohol to cope.
- Topic: Human Rights, Mental Health, Homelessness, Public Health
- Political Geography: North America, Colorado, United States of America