You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center on Human Rights Education, University of Denver Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center on Human Rights Education, University of Denver Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Displacement Remove constraint Topic: Displacement
- Author: Cat Galley
- Publication Date: 03-2018
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center on Human Rights Education, University of Denver
- Abstract: This year, The Center on Human Rights Education chose the theme of DISPLACEMENT to investigate and research in the context of human rights. To begin under this theme, we began with homelessness and evolved into immigration. We focused on homelessness in the context of the Denver-metro area and the state of Colorado. Immigration held a national focus during the winter quarter. In the spring, COHRE will investigate into the topic of refugees and displacement. Throughout the Fall Quarter, the connections between displacement and homelessness came to be understood. On a more national scale, in 2013, there were approximately 610,042 homeless individuals. This number includes US citizens, immigrants, and refugees.
- Topic: Human Rights, Immigrants, Displacement, Homelessness
- Political Geography: Global Focus