You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center for the Advanced Study of India Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for the Advanced Study of India Political Geography South Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: South Asia Topic Governance Remove constraint Topic: Governance
- Author: Nirvikar Singh
- Publication Date: 09-2011
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for the Advanced Study of India
- Abstract: This study examines the current state of public-private partnerships (PPPs) in health care in Punjab, and possibilities for new kinds of initiatives in this broad category of institutional arrangements. Health care outcomes in India are below the levels that might be expected even at India's specific level of development. The Indian government has recognized the need for public policy action, and is implementing a massive National Rural Health Mission (NRHM) to improve public sector delivery of health care services, especially in poorer states, and especially to the poor all over the country. The NRHM involves substantial increases in funding, and many innovations in organizational arrangements, including collaborations with a range of private sector entities.
- Topic: Development, Health, Governance
- Political Geography: South Asia, Punjab