You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Political Geography Myanmar Remove constraint Political Geography: Myanmar Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Gender Issues Remove constraint Topic: Gender Issues
- Author: Liesl Schnabel, Cindy Huang
- Publication Date: 06-2019
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: In August 2017, widespread violence carried out with “genocidal intent” in Myanmar forced 745,000 Rohingya to flee to Bangladesh and settle in camps in Cox’s Bazar. Fifty-two percent of the refugee population there are women and girls. Those of reproductive age are in dire need of emergency and longer-term sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR) services. Many have additional needs related to sexual trauma experienced in Myanmar and/or in Bangladesh., For many, these needs are not being fully met due to implementation and access barriers.
- Topic: Gender Issues, Health, Women, Reproductive Rights, Sexual Health
- Political Geography: Asia, Myanmar