You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography Ukraine Remove constraint Political Geography: Ukraine Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Governance Remove constraint Topic: Governance
- Publication Date: 07-2014
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: Ukraine is once again at a potential turning point in its young history. It missed the opportunity at independence and during the Orange Revolution to make a decisive break with an authoritarian past and move decisively toward an open, market-oriented society. Yet Ukrainian civil society remained vibrant and late last year once again spoke out against the country's authoritarian and corrupt leaders. As a result of the protests from an enraged citizenry, then-President Viktor Yanukovych fled the country for Russia.
- Topic: Security, Territorial Disputes, Governance, Reform
- Political Geography: Russia, Europe, Ukraine