You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution Arab Reform Initiative (ARI) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Arab Reform Initiative (ARI) Political Geography Libya Remove constraint Political Geography: Libya Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Military Strategy Remove constraint Topic: Military Strategy
- Author: Khayreddine Basha
- Publication Date: 05-2020
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: Arab Reform Initiative (ARI)
- Abstract: The military conflict between Haftar and GNA forces in Libya continues to escalate, unaffected by Covid-19 or international calls for a ceasefire. A lack of coordination between the fighting parties and the ineffective implementation of measures to fight the spread of the pandemic further compound Libya’s worsening humanitarian situation. This paper explores Covid-19 impact on the health and humanitarian situation in Libya and examines the factors that contribute to the continuation of the conflict, including the incitement of international and regional actors involved in it.
- Topic: Military Strategy, Conflict, Public Health, Humanitarian Crisis, Pandemic, COVID-19
- Political Geography: Africa, Libya