You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Political Geography Los Angeles Remove constraint Political Geography: Los Angeles Topic Government Remove constraint Topic: Government
- Author: Karlyn H. Bowman
- Publication Date: 08-2003
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Abstract: Democrats lead Republicans by a substantial margin nationally as the party best able to handle environmental issues, as the first table in this collection shows. The second table looks at the power of the issue on Election Day. In 2000, for example, 9 percent of voters nationwide told exit pollsters from the Los Angeles Times that the environment was one of the top two issues for them in casting their vote. These voters pulled the lever for Gore over Bush, by 76 to 12 percent. As in elections past, other issues were more important to larger numbers of voters. In the 2000 Los Angeles Times exit poll, almost four times as many voters (35 percent) checked morals/ethical values as the top issue for them on the exit poll ballot.
- Topic: Environment, Government, Science and Technology, Treaties and Agreements
- Political Geography: Los Angeles