You searched for: Content Type Working Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Working Paper Publishing Institution American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Remove constraint Publishing Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research Political Geography Iraq Remove constraint Political Geography: Iraq Topic Defense Policy Remove constraint Topic: Defense Policy
- Author: Jon Kyl, Jim Talent
- Publication Date: 10-2013
- Content Type: Working Paper
- Institution: American Enterprise Institute for Public Policy Research
- Abstract: When President Obama took office, the armed services of the United States had already reached a fragile state. The Navy had shrunk to its smallest size since before World War I; the Air Force was smaller, and its aircraft older, than at any time since the inception of the service. The Army was stressed by years of war; according to Secretary of Defense Robert Gates, it had been underfunded before the invasion of Iraq and was desperately in need of resources to replace its capital inventory.
- Topic: Defense Policy, Economics, Politics, War
- Political Geography: United States, Iraq