You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Topic Financial Crisis Remove constraint Topic: Financial Crisis
- Author: Dima Zayat, Serene Dardari, Mona Yacoubian
- Publication Date: 10-2019
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: Middle East Institute (MEI)
- Abstract: In recent months, refugees in Lebanon are facing a dismal climate of social polarization, opportunistic political rhetoric, and increasing hostility, with the demolition of some informal camp settlements, enhanced labor law restrictions, and widespread protests. Humanitarian programs must navigate tensions between host, Palestinian and Syrian refugee communities against the backdrop of Lebanon’s serious economic and environmental difficulties. The Middle East Institute (MEI) and Anera held a panel discussion of the many challenges facing Syrian and Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. Dima Zayat and Serene Dardari, two experts with years of experience in the humanitarian sector in Lebanon, were joined by discussant Mona Yacoubian to assess these challenges and explore potential avenues to address them. Randa Slim (MEI) moderated the discussion.
- Topic: Humanitarian Aid, Labor Issues, Financial Crisis, Refugees, Economy, Protests, Xenophobia
- Political Geography: Middle East, Palestine, Lebanon, Syria
- Author: Jagdish Bhagwati, Pascal Lamy, Michael Moore, Leif Pagrotsky
- Publication Date: 12-2011
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: Columbia University World Leaders Forum
- Abstract: This World Leaders Forum program will feature an introduction by: - Pascal Lamy, Director-General of the World Trade Organization Followed by a panel discussion with: - Jagdish Bhagwati, University Professor of Economics Law, Columbia University; Economic Policy Adviser to Director General of GATT (1991-1993) - Michael Moore, Former Director General of World Trade Organization and Prime Minister of New Zealand; Ambassador of New Zealand to the United States - Leif Pagrotsky, Swedish Minister for Trade(1997-2004); currently member of the Swedish Parliament and of the Executive Board of the Social Democratic Party.
- Topic: Economics, Emerging Markets, International Trade and Finance, International Affairs, Financial Crisis
- Political Geography: United States, New Zealand