You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Publishing Institution James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies Political Geography United States Remove constraint Political Geography: United States
- Author: Henry Sokolski
- Publication Date: 03-2018
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: James Martin Center for Nonproliferation Studies
- Abstract: With the recent visit of Saudi Crown Prince, Mohammad bin Salman, there is keen interest in finalizing a civil nuclear cooperative agreement. Trump officials have also said they intend to renew or strike additional civil nuclear deals with Jordan, Egypt, and Turkey. How necessary and economically competitive is nuclear power in the Middle East for desalination and producing electricity compared to non-nuclear alternatives? In the Saudi case, is a Russian, Chinese, or French reactor sale likely? What are the nonproliferation implications of allowing Riyadh to enrich and reprocess, either now or in the future? Speaker: Henry Sokolski, Executive Director of the Nonproliferation Policy Education Center, and Former Deputy for Nonproliferation Policy in the Cheney Pentagon.
- Topic: Arms Control and Proliferation, Nuclear Weapons, Nuclear Power, Nonproliferation
- Political Geography: United States, Global Focus