You searched for: Content Type Video Remove constraint Content Type: Video Publishing Institution Institut français des relations internationales (IFRI) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Institut français des relations internationales (IFRI) Political Geography China Remove constraint Political Geography: China
- Author: Thierry de Montbrial, Robin Niblett, Ed Feulner, Feng Zhu
- Publication Date: 01-2020
- Content Type: Video
- Institution: Institut français des relations internationales (IFRI)
- Abstract: Ifri’s Executive Chairman Thierry de Montbrial spoke at the 20th World Knowledge Forum in Seoul on September 25, 2019 with Robin Niblett, Chatham House's director, Ed Feulner, The Heritage Foundation's Founder and Former President and Feng Zhu, Director of the Institute of International Studies at Nanjing University about the major governance issues of our time. The global geopolitical situation is caught in a maelstrom. The conflict between the United States and China is getting worse and subsequent negative effects are rising. In Europe, Brexit is making the continent more divisive than harmonious. The instability in Middle East is not solved. In addition, the North Korea’s nuclear weapons are an endless source of problem that defies a quick solution, which made the politics surrounding the Korean Peninsula more complex. The problem is that the currently weak global governance may lead the global political landscape into a serious crisis. To give an answer to these problems, heads of top think tanks share their prospect and the future of the global governance, giving a guideline for each country to listen for a better direction.
- Topic: Governance, Geopolitics, Think Tanks, Trade
- Political Geography: China, Europe, Middle East, North Korea, Global Focus, United States of America