You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Political Geography North Africa Remove constraint Political Geography: North Africa Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic War Remove constraint Topic: War
- Author: Daniel Maxwell, Peter Hailey, Lindsay Spainhour Baker, Jeeyon Janet Kim
- Publication Date: 06-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Feinstein International Center, Tufts University
- Abstract: Since 2014, Yemen has been engaged in a civil war between the Houthi group and supporters of Yemen’s internationally recognized government. By the end of 2018, the UN estimated that 15.9 million people—more than half the population—were facing severe acute food insecurity and in need of immediate food assistance. This report analyzes the challenges facing famine analysis in Yemen, including the Famine Risk Monitoring system recently put in place, and the integrated Phase Classification (IPC) system, used globally. The IPC is managed by a technical working group with the support of the food security and nutrition clusters and close involvement of the Yemeni authorities. Following the analysis, the report offers recommendations for ways to improve data collection and analysis on famine and famine risk in Yemen.
- Topic: Humanitarian Aid, War, Food, Food Security, Refugees, Conflict
- Political Geography: Middle East, Yemen, North Africa