You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Political Geography Afghanistan Remove constraint Political Geography: Afghanistan Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Rule of Law Remove constraint Topic: Rule of Law
- Author: Annie Pforzheimer, Andrew Hyde, Jason Criss Howk
- Publication Date: 03-2021
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: United States Institute of Peace
- Abstract: Failure to plan realistically for needed changes in Afghanistan’s security sector following a peace settlement—and failure to start phasing in changes now—will lead to post-settlement instability. This report examines the particular challenges Afghanistan will face, with examples from the climate following peace settlements in other parts of the world offering insight into what may occur and possibilities for response. An Afghan-owned and Afghan-led strategy that incorporates some of this report’s recommendations can help create a lasting foundation for Afghan and regional stability.
- Topic: Security, Political stability, Rule of Law, Peace, Justice
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, South Asia