You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution The Fletcher School, Tufts University Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Fletcher School, Tufts University Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus
- Author: Brandon Daigle, Paul Pawluk, David Kaczmarek
- Publication Date: 11-2020
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: The Fletcher School, Tufts University
- Abstract: Each year, The International Security Studies Program (ISSP) at the Fletcher School, Tufts University conducts SIMULEX, a major crisis management exercise where participants assume the roles of national policy makers in an international scenario. Throughout this three-day event, the exercise focuses on a highly realistic, near-future scenario involving key players on the world stage. SIMULEX exposes participants to the constraints and opportunities facing policy makers in the quest of making the best possible decisions and enacting associated actions. As representatives of various national and international teams, participants are charged with developing strategy and the necessary tasks required to achieve their country specific goals while driving efforts to bring the global crisis to a preferred end state. In an atmosphere of conflict escalation, SIMULEX stresses leadership in uncertainty, crisis management, team building, adaptability, and policy negotiation skills.
- Topic: Science and Technology, Leadership, Crisis Management, Higher Education
- Political Geography: Global Focus, United States of America