You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution European Policy Centre Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Policy Centre Political Geography Kosovo Remove constraint Political Geography: Kosovo Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Zephyr Dessus, Albana Rexha, Albana Merja, Corina Stratulat
- Publication Date: 06-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: European Policy Centre
- Abstract: Ever since its declaration of independence in 2008, Kosovo has made European integration one of its key foreign policy objectives. Having made headway over the past years in its efforts to draw nearer to the European Union – most recently by signing a Stabilisation and Association Agreement (SAA) with the EU – Kosovo is now eager to take the next step in its EU integration process: to apply for EU membership and receive candidate status. However, with five member states still unwilling to recognise its statehood, Kosovo finds itself in a unique and difficult position regarding its eligibility to advance towards the EU and eventually accede to the European Union.
- Topic: International Affairs, Political and institutional effectiveness
- Political Geography: Kosovo