You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution European Policy Centre Remove constraint Publishing Institution: European Policy Centre Political Geography European Union Remove constraint Political Geography: European Union Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Juliane Schmidt
- Publication Date: 07-2017
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: European Policy Centre
- Abstract: The European Union and emerging market economies are facing a great variety of challenges and transformations in a rapidly changing world. They are important players on the world stage, working through and shaping the various multilateral organisations they are members of. The European Policy Centre (EPC), in cooperation with the Institute for the Scientific Advancement of the South (ISAS), has carried out a project that looked at the political, economic, and environmental interests of the EU and emerging market economies and considered the future of their cooperation in global governance. In order to shed light on the relationship between emerging market economies and the EU, the project focused on four key areas of multilateralism: climate change, trade, international financial institutions, and global governance in the security realm. This report reflects upon the outcomes of the project’s discussions, while also providing punctual updates.
- Topic: International Affairs, Global Political Economy
- Political Geography: European Union