You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Columbia International Affairs Online Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Columbia International Affairs Online Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Industrial Policy Remove constraint Topic: Industrial Policy
- Author: Robert Sedgwick
- Publication Date: 01-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Columbia International Affairs Online
- Abstract: The UN sponsored agreement on climate change concluded last month in Paris, France is the most successful and comprehensive to date. Unlike previous agreements such as Kyoto and Copenhagen this one commits almost all countries, including China and the U.S., the world's two biggest polluters, to strive toward reducing carbon emissions caused by the burning of fossil fuels. Each of the signatory countries must ratify the agreement and will then be responsible for implementing it by setting their own target goals.
- Topic: Climate Change, Industrial Policy, International Cooperation, Treaties and Agreements
- Political Geography: Global Focus