You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Clingendael Netherlands Institute of International Relations Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Clingendael Netherlands Institute of International Relations Political Geography Kosovo Remove constraint Political Geography: Kosovo Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years
- Author: Julie Coleman
- Publication Date: 06-2020
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Clingendael Netherlands Institute of International Relations
- Abstract: The small Western Balkan nation of Kosovo repatriated 110 citizens, including men, women, and children, in April 2019, making it one of a very small number of countries that has actively repatriated citizens involved with the Islamic State. This policy brief examines Kosovo’s response to the phenomenon of foreign fighters, how the return of foreign fighters and their families from Syria has been handled, and what has happened during the year since their return. What lessons can be learned by EU countries, including the Netherlands, in handling the complex issue of how to manage the return of foreign fighters and their families?
- Topic: European Union, Citizenship, Foreign Fighters
- Political Geography: Eastern Europe, Kosovo, Balkans, Syria, Netherlands