You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Post Colonialism Remove constraint Topic: Post Colonialism
- Author: Katie Washington
- Publication Date: 07-2018
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Centre for Feminist Foreign Policy
- Abstract: The aim of this journal is to disrupt the ‘single-story’ of mainstream foreign policy. Through highlighting both experienced and emerging voices from across the globe, we seek to understand, challenge, and critique foreign policy. This issue focuses on the theme of post-colonialism and foreign policy, which was chosen by our members and supporters. Through a post-colonial analytical lens, our contributors challenge the unquestioned objectivity of elitist, Western-centric foreign policy, and unpack the complex connections between gender, race, ethnicity, sexuality that are embedded in the everyday actions and politics of people from across the world. Alongside our written contributions, you will find artwork and poetry engaging with this theme. A feminist foreign policy brings all voices to the table, through whichever medium they choose to express themselves, challenging the academic and un-inclusive paradigm it is embedded in. Thank you for supporting this publication. CFFP is a non-profit volunteer-run organisation and we are proud to lead the way in making foreign policy more feminist, more transparent, and more intersectional. With your support, we’re amplifying a different and more nuanced conversation that can better inform policy decisions and begin to alleviate global inequality. We hope you enjoy and learn from this journal, but we also encourage you to consider contributing to our next issue. From articles to artwork, we are always looking for new contributors and we are eager to hear (and see) new voices and fresh perspectives.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Gender Issues, Post Colonialism, Political Theory, Women, Feminism, LGBT+, Indigenous
- Political Geography: Global Focus