You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Center for Global Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Center for Global Development Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Gender Issues Remove constraint Topic: Gender Issues
- Author: Mayra Buvinic, Megan O’Donnell
- Publication Date: 11-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Center for Global Development
- Abstract: Expanding women’s economic opportunities bene ts both women and society. Women’s choices widen and societies gain from the contribution that women’s income makes to economic growth and family wellbeing. These bene ts are increasingly well-understood, but much less is known regarding the most effective interventions to empower women economically. The call to nd out what works is long overdue. Gender gaps in economic performance are pervasive and persistent — women earn less than men across countries and occupations, and gender gaps are especially salient in poor countries. A wide range of policies and programs — from long-term investments in health and education to short-term training programs and ‘just-in-time’ information on markets — can potentially help close these gender gaps and bolster women’s economic advancement.
- Topic: Gender Issues, International Affairs, International Development
- Political Geography: Global Focus