You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Bruegel Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Bruegel Political Geography European Union Remove constraint Political Geography: European Union Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years
- Author: Gregory Claeys, Simone Tagliapietra, Georg Zachmann
- Publication Date: 11-2019
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Bruegel
- Abstract: European Commission president-designate Ursula von der Leyen has made climate change a top priority, promising to propose a European Green Deal that would make Europe climate neutral by 2050. Th e European Green Deal should be conceived as a reallocation mechanism, fostering investment shifts and labour substitution in key economic sectors, while supporting the most vulnerable segments of society throughout the decarbonisation process. Th e deal’s four pillars would be carbon pricing, sustainable investment, industrial policy and a just transition.
- Topic: Climate Change, International Security, Sustainable Development Goals, Global Warming, Green Technology
- Political Geography: Europe, Global Focus, European Union