You searched for: Content Type Special Report Remove constraint Content Type: Special Report Publishing Institution Atlantic Council Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Atlantic Council Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Topic International Relations Remove constraint Topic: International Relations
- Author: J. Peter Pham
- Publication Date: 12-2016
- Content Type: Special Report
- Institution: Atlantic Council
- Abstract: Turmoil in traditional geopolitical hotspots—Europe, Russia, the Levant, and Asia—has distracted the United States from the numerous opportunities and challenges across the Atlantic in Africa. Over the last decade, Africa has celebrated economic growth and new levels of political and economic engagement with the United States. But the continent faces many challenges to its continued economic development, security, and governance. In this latest Atlantic Council Strategy Paper, Atlantic Council Vice President and Africa Center Director Dr. J. Peter Pham persuasively argues that the United States needs to modernize its relations with a changing Africa to best engage a new range of actors and circumstances.
- Topic: International Relations, Foreign Policy, Diplomacy, International Trade and Finance, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: Africa, America