You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Political Geography Kosovo Remove constraint Political Geography: Kosovo Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Foreign Policy Remove constraint Topic: Foreign Policy
- Author: Edward Newman, Gëzim Visoka
- Publication Date: 09-2019
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Brown Journal of World Affairs
- Abstract: Kosovo’s small size belies the major impact it has had on the evolving international order: the norms and institutions that shape the behavior and practices of states and other international actors. In three controversial policy areas— humanitarian intervention, international peacebuilding, and international recognition—Kosovo has been the focus of events and debates with far-reaching and globally significant effects. This article will present and discuss these three subjects, and then conclude by considering how Kosovo’s future may continue to be tied to the shifting contours of international order in the context of renewed great power geopolitical rivalry.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, War, Humanitarian Intervention, Military Intervention
- Political Geography: Kosovo, Yugoslavia