You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Urban Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Urban Institute Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Business Remove constraint Topic: Business
- Author: Ammar A. Malik, Hamutal Bernstein, Edward Mohr, Yasemin Irvin-Erickson
- Publication Date: 09-2018
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Urban Institute
- Abstract: As the Syrian refugee crisis enters its eighth year, leveraging the private sector’s financial capital and capacity for innovation has emerged as an attractive solution to protracted displacement. But little evidence exists on the feasibility and effectiveness of this approach. This case study highlights a unique type of private-sector engagement in which mainstream business interests align with the needs of refugees and host communities. The IKEA–Jordan River Foundation (JRF) partnership demonstrates how diverse stakeholders can identify synergies, overcome legal and practical barriers, and sustain collaborations through effective management structures.
- Topic: Humanitarian Aid, Refugees, Business , Displacement, Private Sector
- Political Geography: Middle East, Syria, Jordan