You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA) Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Authoritarianism Remove constraint Topic: Authoritarianism
- Author: Ofra Bengio
- Publication Date: 02-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: The Begin-Sadat Centre for Strategic Studies (BESA)
- Abstract: The Kurds challenge the self-perceptions of the nation-states in which they reside: Turkey, Iran, Syria and Iraq; and they have played a crucial role in combatting Islamic State. This study analyzes the rivalry and interdependence among the four parts of Kurdistan as well as the dynamics of their relations with regional countries and the international community. With the entire region in a state of flux, will the Kurds fulfill their dream for a state or autonomous existence of their own?
- Topic: Conflict Resolution, War, Self Determination, Authoritarianism, Democracy
- Political Geography: Middle East