You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Gender Issues Remove constraint Topic: Gender Issues
- Author: Marc Lynch
- Publication Date: 05-2016
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS)
- Abstract: The barriers to women’s political participation in the Middle East have long preoccupied scholars and analysts. The Arab uprisings of early 2011 disrupted virtually every dimension of Arab politics and societies, forcing a systematic re-evaluation of many long-held political science theories and assumptions. The place of women in politics and the public sphere were no exception.
- Topic: Gender Issues, International Affairs
- Political Geography: Middle East