You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS) Political Geography Middle East Remove constraint Political Geography: Middle East Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Counter-terrorism Remove constraint Topic: Counter-terrorism
- Author: Marc Lynch
- Publication Date: 07-2016
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Project on Middle East Political Science (POMEPS)
- Abstract: The Arab uprisings triggered a fierce regional countermobilization by threatened regimes and the elites who benefited from the status quo. This resurgent autocracy did simply restore the old order, however. It created new forms of populist mobilization and established new relationships among civil and military state institution. In May 2016, the Project on Middle East Political Science and Oxford University’s Middle East Center convened a workshop to dig deeply into the new regional politics generated by the authoritarian reconstruction.
- Topic: International Affairs, Counter-terrorism
- Political Geography: Middle East