You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace Political Geography Global Focus Remove constraint Political Geography: Global Focus Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Basic Data Remove constraint Topic: Basic Data
- Author: Rachel Kleinfeld
- Publication Date: 02-2017
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Abstract: The new Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) include a target to “Significantly reduce all forms of violence and related deaths everywhere.” Given the vast decline in violence since the Middle Ages, particularly since the end of the Cold War, this ambitious target is achievable. But policymakers know the least about the countries receiving the most aid. To ensure that aid and policy are effective, current data gaps and deficiencies must be fully understood and improved. Equally important, the target must include indicators that capture all the main types of violence, not just homicide.
- Topic: Political Violence, Basic Data, Political and institutional effectiveness
- Political Geography: Global Focus