You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Brown Journal of World Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Brown Journal of World Affairs Political Geography Singapore Remove constraint Political Geography: Singapore Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Crime Remove constraint Topic: Crime
- Author: Ng Ser Song
- Publication Date: 09-2019
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Brown Journal of World Affairs
- Abstract: Illicit drug use exacts a high cost on abusers, their families, and ultimately society as a whole. Livelihoods are lost, relationships are destroyed, children suffer, and the wider community pays a hefty price through a resulting worsened crime situation. Singapore has hence adopted a harm-prevention approach to drugs, incorporating educational, legal, and rehabilitative measures. While we acknowledge that there is a variety of approaches to drug policy globally, our approach has worked well for our local context and enabled people here to live to their fullest potentials.
- Topic: Crime, Health, Law, Criminal Justice, Drugs
- Political Geography: Singapore, Global Focus