You searched for: Content Type Research Paper Remove constraint Content Type: Research Paper Publishing Institution Brown Journal of World Affairs Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Brown Journal of World Affairs Political Geography North Korea Remove constraint Political Geography: North Korea Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Topic Authoritarianism Remove constraint Topic: Authoritarianism
- Author: Suki Kim
- Publication Date: 03-2019
- Content Type: Research Paper
- Institution: Brown Journal of World Affairs
- Abstract: Suki Kim is author of the New York Times bestseller Without You, Tere Is No Us: Undercover Among the Sons of North Korean Elite. She is the only writer ever to have lived undercover in North Korea for immersive journalism. Her novel Te Interpreter was the winner of the PEN Open Book Award and a fnalist for the PEN/Hemingway Award, and her nonfction has appeared in Harper’s Magazine, the New York Times, the New York Review of Books, and the New Republic, where she is a contributing editor. She has been awarded Guggenheim, Fulbright, Open Society, and New America fellowships, the American Academy in Berlin Prize, and was a Ferris Professor of journalism at Princeton University. Her TED Talk has drawn millions of viewers, and her essay on fear appears in Te Best American Essays 2018.
- Topic: Authoritarianism, Democracy, Freedom of Expression, Journalism, Repression
- Political Geography: North Korea