You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography Central Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Central Asia Topic Poverty Remove constraint Topic: Poverty
- Author: Carol Graham
- Publication Date: 04-2002
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Brookings Institution
- Abstract: In May, President George W. Bush travels to Moscow and St. Petersburg for his fourth summit meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin. In the past year, Putin has made a number of compromises with America on key questions such as the United States' withdrawal from the 1972 Anti-Ballistic Missile (ABM) Treaty and the presence of U.S. troops in Central Asia. As a result, American commentators have speculated about how many concessions Putin needs from the United States to placate his domestic critics and maintain the positive momentum of U.S.-Russia relations.
- Topic: Human Welfare, International Organization, Poverty
- Political Geography: Russia, United States, America, Central Asia, Moscow