You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Political Geography Asia Remove constraint Political Geography: Asia Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 5 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 5 Years Publication Year within 3 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 3 Years Topic Inequality Remove constraint Topic: Inequality
- Author: Sungbae An, Minsoo Han, Subin Kim, Jinhee Lee
- Publication Date: 03-2021
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Korea Institute for International Economic Policy (KIEP)
- Abstract: The decline in labor share is recognized as a global phenomenon. Concerns have been raised that this trend will exacerbate the income inequality between business owners as capitalists and households as the labor suppliers, prompting a decline in household income and consumption, which are major driving forces for sustainable growth. Meanwhile, various policy measures have been introduced to raise the labor share, with the aim of correcting inequality and boosting growth. This study explores the determinants of labor share and analyzes the effects of these factors on the economy and social welfare, offering various interpretations and policy alternatives according to economic conditions.
- Topic: Labor Issues, Inequality, Economy, Business , Welfare
- Political Geography: Asia, Korea