You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Sexual Violence Research Initiative Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Sexual Violence Research Initiative Political Geography Colombia Remove constraint Political Geography: Colombia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Health Remove constraint Topic: Health
- Publication Date: 11-2019
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Sexual Violence Research Initiative
- Abstract: Identifying effective ways to prevent forms of gender-based violence (GBV) among adolescents and youths is vital to reduce rates of GBV. Adolescents are uniquely impacted by GBV: their young age and inexperience with relationships can heighten their risk for physical and sexual intimate partner violence. Being a victim of GBV during adolescence can lead to long-lasting negative mental and physical health outcomes, and can set young women on a trajectory for subsequent abuse.
- Topic: Health, Gender Based Violence , Youth, Sexual Violence, Intimate Partner Violence
- Political Geography: Moldova, Colombia, Mexico, Honduras, Swaziland