You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Political Geography Eastern Europe Remove constraint Political Geography: Eastern Europe Topic Political Economy Remove constraint Topic: Political Economy
- Publication Date: 10-2004
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development
- Abstract: Turkey is at a crossroads. After hitting the most severe crisis of its recent history in 2000-2001, the economy bounced back and is now among the fastest growing economies in the OECD. A new institutional framework for monetary and fiscal policies as well as for product, labour and financial markets, infrastructure industries, and agricultural support opened a window of opportunity to escape from the three traps of low confidence, weak governance and high informality which underpinned the boom and bust cycle of the past and to embark durably on a higher growth path. Success will depend on fully implementing and completing the new policy framework.
- Topic: Economics, International Trade and Finance, Political Economy
- Political Geography: Turkey, Eastern Europe