You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Jamestown Foundation Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Jamestown Foundation Publication Year within 1 Year Remove constraint Publication Year: within 1 Year Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic International Affairs Remove constraint Topic: International Affairs
- Author: Linda Zhang, Ryan Berg
- Publication Date: 02-2021
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Jamestown Foundation
- Abstract: The People’s Republic of China’s (PRC) engagement in Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) is drawing increased scrutiny from U.S. policymakers. The International Liaison Department of the Central Committee of the Chinese Communist Party (ILD) (中共中央对外联络部, zhonggong zhongyang duiwai lianluo bu) is one of the many Chinese organizations active in LAC. Although its footprint is relatively small compared to larger trade and governmental organizations, the ILD’s emphasis on ideology and on long-term relationship building in its engagements is noteworthy and should be monitored more closely within the context of China-Latin America relations.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, International Affairs, Political Parties, Chinese Communist Party (CCP)
- Political Geography: China, Asia, Latin America