You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect Political Geography Kenya Remove constraint Political Geography: Kenya Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Topic Governance Remove constraint Topic: Governance
- Publication Date: 02-2013
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
- Abstract: On 4 March Kenyans will vote in highly anticipated elections. These elections will be Kenya's first since widespread violence following the December 2007 presidential election shocked the country and world. The 2007/8 violence lasted two months, during which time 1,133 Kenyans were killed, over 600,000 driven from their homes and more than 110,000 private properties were destroyed. The stakes during the upcoming elections are high and, while not inevitable, there is a serious risk of a recurrence of widespread violence.
- Topic: Political Violence, Civil Society, Democratization, Human Rights, Human Welfare, Governance
- Political Geography: Kenya, Africa