You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect Political Geography Burma Remove constraint Political Geography: Burma Publication Year within 10 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 10 Years Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Islam Remove constraint Topic: Islam
- Publication Date: 01-2014
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Global Centre for the Responsibility to Protect
- Abstract: After more than fifty years of military rule, in 2011 Burma/Myanmar embarked upon a historic transition with the new civilian government, led by President Thein Sein, undertaking a series of political and economic reforms. Burma/Myanmar has been congratulated by the international community for its attempt to end gross human rights abuses and establish a more tolerant and peaceful society.
- Topic: Human Rights, International Cooperation, Islam, Regional Cooperation, Governance, Minorities, Reform
- Political Geography: Asia, Burma, Myanmar