You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Cato Institute Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Cato Institute Political Geography Colombia Remove constraint Political Geography: Colombia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Health Remove constraint Topic: Health
- Author: Ted Galen Carpenter
- Publication Date: 11-2005
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Cato Institute
- Abstract: Mexico is a major source of heroin, marijuana, and methamphetamine for the U.S. market as well as the principal transit and distribution point for cocaine coming in from South America. For years, people both inside and outside Mexico have worried that the country might descend into the maelstrom of corruption and violence that has long plagued the chief drug-source country in the Western Hemisphere, Colombia. There are growing signs that the “Colombianization” of Mexico is now becoming a reality.
- Topic: Crime, Health
- Political Geography: Colombia, South America, Central America, Mexico