You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution The Brookings Institution Remove constraint Publishing Institution: The Brookings Institution Political Geography Colombia Remove constraint Political Geography: Colombia Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Economics Remove constraint Topic: Economics
- Author: Mauricio Cá¡rdenas, Joshua Meltzer
- Publication Date: 07-2011
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: The Brookings Institution
- Abstract: A trio of trade agreements now pending before Congress would benefit the United States both economically and strategically. Carefully developed accords with South Korea, Colombia and Panama will boost U.S. exports significantly, especially in the key automotive, agricultural and commercial services sectors. Among the other benefits are: increased U.S. competitiveness enhancement of U.S. diplomatic and economic postures in East Asia and Latin America new investment opportunities better enforcement of labor regulation and improved transparency in these trading partners' regulatory systems.
- Topic: Diplomacy, Economics, International Trade and Finance, Treaties and Agreements, Labor Issues
- Political Geography: Kenya, United States, Israel, Colombia, Latin America