You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Oxfam Publishing Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Oxfam Publishing Political Geography Ethiopia Remove constraint Political Geography: Ethiopia Topic Development Remove constraint Topic: Development
- Author: Mohga M Kamal-Yanni
- Publication Date: 10-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Oxfam Publishing
- Abstract: Recent progress in controlling malaria is a major development success. Thanks to external aid and domestic financing the proportion of children in sub - Saharan Africa sleeping under a bed net has increased from 2 per cent to 39 per cent in the last 10 years. This has brought down the number of malaria deaths dramatically in many countries, such as Namibia, Swaziland, Ethiopia, Senegal and Zambia, where deaths have been cut by between 25 and 50 per cent.
- Topic: Development, Health, Infectious Diseases
- Political Geography: Africa, Ethiopia, Senegal, Zambia, Swaziland, Namibia