You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Norwegian Centre for Conflict Resolution Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Norwegian Centre for Conflict Resolution Political Geography India Remove constraint Political Geography: India Topic Governance Remove constraint Topic: Governance
- Author: Pinar Tank
- Publication Date: 06-2012
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Norwegian Centre for Conflict Resolution
- Abstract: The end of the cold war and the bipolar world order heralded an era of transition for global governance. Twenty years on there is still no consensus on the status of the distribution and exercise of power in today's multipolar world. What is clear, however, is the rise of new powers seeking a global political role comparable with their increased economic clout. Often referred to as the BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa – to which second-tier powers such as Indonesia, Turkey and Mexico can be added, these states are called “rising powers” or “new powers” because of their rapid economic development, and expanding political and cultural influence.
- Topic: Cold War, Development, Economics, Emerging Markets, Globalization, International Trade and Finance, Governance
- Political Geography: Africa, Russia, China, India, Brazil