You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution MIT Center for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: MIT Center for International Studies Political Geography America Remove constraint Political Geography: America Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Civil Society Remove constraint Topic: Civil Society
- Author: Les Roberts
- Publication Date: 07-2005
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: MIT Center for International Studies
- Abstract: A disturbing thing happened to me in Afghanistan last May while working on a project to install wells in villages. After a delightful month of working in a rural province, filled with welcoming leaders and offers of tea at every house, the mood suddenly changed. A young man walked up to my 42-year-old female American colleague and bashed her in the face. As we collected our interviewers and headed back to the vehicles, children from the village pelted us with stones. This violence against anything foreign played out in hundreds of locations across Afghanistan that day.
- Topic: Security, Civil Society, Human Welfare
- Political Geography: Afghanistan, Iraq, America