You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) Remove constraint Publishing Institution: German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP) Political Geography Germany Remove constraint Political Geography: Germany Publication Year within 25 Years Remove constraint Publication Year: within 25 Years Topic Alliance Remove constraint Topic: Alliance
- Author: Christian Mölling, Torben Schütz
- Publication Date: 06-2019
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: German Council on Foreign Relations (DGAP)
- Abstract: Arms control is traditionally at the core of Germany’s cooperative security approach. It is therefore a natural leader for a new Western arms control policy. But Germany must overcome the Cold War approach that no longer suits today’s security environment. A new approach should build on three pillars: security, military, and alliance realism. While such a change entails risk and uncertainty for German decision-makers, the price of upholding existing outdated arms control architectures is already higher.
- Topic: Security, Arms Control and Proliferation, Military Strategy, European Union, Alliance
- Political Geography: Europe, Germany