You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Foreign Policy In Focus Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Foreign Policy In Focus Political Geography Iran Remove constraint Political Geography: Iran Topic Defense Policy Remove constraint Topic: Defense Policy
- Author: Michael T. Klare
- Publication Date: 10-2006
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Foreign Policy In Focus
- Abstract: The common wisdom circulating in Washington these days is that the United States is too bogged down in Iraq to consider risky military action against Iran or—God forbid—North Korea. Policy analysts describe the U.S. military as “over-burdened” or “stretched to the limit.” The presumption is that the Pentagon is telling President Bush that it can't really undertake another major military contingency.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Defense Policy
- Political Geography: Iran, Asia