You searched for: Content Type Policy Brief Remove constraint Content Type: Policy Brief Publishing Institution Danish Institute for International Studies Remove constraint Publishing Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies Political Geography Germany Remove constraint Political Geography: Germany Topic Immigration Remove constraint Topic: Immigration
- Author: Fabrizio Tassinari , Sebastian Tetzlaff
- Publication Date: 11-2016
- Content Type: Policy Brief
- Institution: Danish Institute for International Studies
- Abstract: While the refugee crisis has exposed the severe limitations of EU decision-making, German choices have had a knock-on effect on the rest of Europe. The politicization of German migration policy will likely force Angela Merkel to take a step towards more conservative positions ahead of the 2017 federal election. This will again require the EU to adjust to Berlin’s policy turns.
- Topic: Foreign Policy, Migration, Immigration, Geopolitics
- Political Geography: Europe, Germany